The AFMTE is now accepting applications for its 2015 Educators of the Year Awards. In 2013, the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education published its Core Competencies for Massage Therapy Teachers. This document includes ten standards, each of which describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes that form the basis for effective and successful teaching.
As part of this, it established the Educators of the Year Award – one for a teacher in a school setting and one for a continuing education provider. This award honors excellence in massage and bodywork education and serves to foster a culture that supports raising the standards of excellence in massage and bodywork education. The recipients are chosen based on their experience, teacher training taken, and how well they meet the core standards.
Each nominee is required to complete an application and return it on or before April 30, 2015. Educators can directly apply or be nominated by a colleague. Winners will be announced and contacted directly on June 1, 2015.
Each winner receives the following:
- 1 year Membership in the AFMTE
- 1 free registration to the 2015 Educational Congress
- $1,000 Stipend (for travel, lodging and miscellaneous expenses) to be reimbursed at the conference
- Over $500 in Free Product packages from Biofreeze & BonVital’ featuring their top product lines (retail value approximately $250 each)
- A slot in the Friday NTESP discussion at the 2015 Educational Congress
Last year’s winners were Whitney Lowe, CE Provider and Cate Miller, Teacher.
Submit your application now with the following link: