To see these Alerts as a pdf, click here: COMTA Alerts – April 2015
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) would like to bring your attention to the following announcements discussed at the April 3, 9, 15, 29, 2015 meeting:
1. Introducing New “COMTA Endorsed Curriculum” Recognition Status
- The Commission is pleased to announce that it has voted to develop a new recognition status available for massage therapy/bodywork schools and programs, beginning in July 2015.
- The Commission will be announcing more details at the Educational Congress COMTA Open Forum on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Click here for the Announcement page with additional details.
2. Revised Policy and Guidelines Documents – Ratified
The Commission ratified ten (10) new policy/guideline appendices after a Call for Comment period. The following new policy/guidelines are in effect as of April 29, 2015. Click here to access these and all of COMTA’s accreditation policies, procedures, and forms.
- Advertising and Recruiting Policy
- Cancellations and Refund Policy
- Catalog Checklist
- Clinic Guidelines
- Enrollment Agreement Checklist
- Faculty Qualifications, Development and Evaluation Guidelines
- Financial Reporting Guidelines
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Guidelines
- Standard Academic Measurement Policy
- Syllabus Checklist
3. Revised Definition of Terms Document
The Commission approved a revised version of Appendix C, Definition of Terms. This document is effective immediately. Click here to access the complete revised Definition of Terms document.
4. Revised Policy and Guidelines Documents – Call for Comment
The Commission approved two (2) new policy/guideline appendices as part of the revised Accreditation Standards: Distance Education Guidelines and Student Outcomes Tracking Policy.
The revisions are available for a public call for comment period. Please click here to review the documents and submit any feedback on any of the appendix documents to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to July 1, 2015 for consideration at the next Commission meeting.
Be sure to check the COMTA website regularly for actions and alerts. The Commission updates all pertinent actions and alerts on its website.
For additional information concerning this memorandum, please contact Kate Zulaski, Executive Director, at 202-688-6790 x101, or via email at email@example.com. You may also email the chair of the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.