April 18 – 19, 2017 Commission Meeting
To view this information as a pdf, click here: COMTA Actions – April 2017
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) has concluded its April 18 – 19, 2017 Commission meeting. By action of the Commission, the following schools have received:
Initial Institutional Accreditation – April 2017 – April 2024
- American Massage & Bodywork Institute (Vienna, VA)
- Makana Esthetics Wellness Academy (Honolulu, HI)
Renewal of Programmatic Accreditation – April 2017 – April 2024
- Community College of Rhode Island Therapeutic Massage Program (Newport, RI)
- Lansing Community College Therapeutic Massage Program (Lansing, MI)
Renewal of Institutional Accreditation –
- Center for Massage & Natural Health (Asheville, NC); April 2017 – April 2024
- Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy (Colorado Springs, CO); April 2017 – October 2023
- The Commission grants seven-year renewal, less six (6) months for previous deferral decision.
Institute for Therapeutic Massage (Haskell, Hackensack, Tinton Falls, Bloomfield, NJ); April 2017 – April 2023
- The Commission grants seven-year renewal, less one year for previous extension
- The Rolf Institute of Structural Integration (Boulder, CO); April 2017 – April 2024
Deferral of Renewal of Accreditation
- Roane State Community College Massage Therapy Program (Oak Ridge, TN)
The Commission defers the decision for renewal and extends the grant of accreditation until July 31, 2017 to allow the program time to provide additional evidence of compliance.
- Baker College Massage Therapy Program (Clinton Township, Jackson, Muskegon, MI)
The Commission removes the probation for low student outcomes on the affected locations pending implementation of the improvement plan.
Show Cause Order:
- SOLEX Medical Academy (Chicago, IL) – Institutional
The Commission places the institution on Show Cause for why accreditation should be not revoked. COMTA eligibility criteria requires that institutions be “licensed by the appropriate state education and/or state licensing agency.” The institution must provide evidence of current Illinois approval for operation within 30 days or the Commission will consider the institution closed and voluntarily withdrawn from institutional accreditation.
Please note: Renewal schools placed on show cause, probation or deferral are considered accredited institutions.
For questions or additional information, please contact the COMTA office at email@example.com or 202-888-6790.