FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 24 – 25, 2018 Commission Meeting
To view this information as a pdf, click here: COMTA Actions – October 2018
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) has concluded its October 24-25, 2018 Commission meeting in Arlington, VA. By action of the Commission, the following schools have received:
- Altura College (Pullman, WA) – Institutional, October 2018–October 2025
- Colorado School of Healing Arts (Lakewood, CO) – Programmatic, October 2018–October 2022
Grant length reflects its full institutional accreditation grant length with ACCSC, per Dual Accreditation Joint Process agreement.
Renewal of Accreditation:
- Cayce/Reilly School of Massage (Virginia Beach, VA) – Institutional, October 2018–October 2025
- CenterPoint Massage and Shiatsu School & Clinic (Minneapolis, MN) – Institutional, October 2018-October 2025
- Northwestern Health Sciences University – Massage Therapy Program (Minneapolis, MN) – Programmatic, October 2018–October 2025
- Academy of Natural Therapy (Greeley, CO)
The Commission places the institution on Probation for failure to meet Standard XII(A) Financial Stability and Standard XV(A) Title IV Administration within the maximum timeframe allowed.
- Institute for Therapeutic Massage (Haskell, Tinton Falls, Bloomfield, NJ)
The Commission continues the probation placed July 2017 for failure to demonstrate compliance with Standard XII(A) Financial Stability and Standard XV(A) Title IV Administration.
- Potomac Massage Therapy Institute (Silver Spring, MD)
The Commission removes the probation for improved financial stability demonstrated on its most recent interim report.
Add Distance Education Interim Approval:
- Community College of Baltimore County Massage Therapy Program (Baltimore, MD)
The Commission grants interim approval to add Distance Learning to the existing AAS degree, pending a site visit within six months of the program start date.
Change of Location Approval
- Educating Hands (Miami, FL)
The COMTA Executive Committee approved the Change of Location application, effective October 1, 2018, pending successful site visit within six months. The new location is now recorded as 111 NE 1st St., 2nd floor, Miami, FL 33132.
Notification of Voluntary Withdrawal
- Moraine Valley Community College (Palos Hills, IL)
Voluntary Withdrawal of Programmatic Accreditation, effective October 1, 2018.
Please note: Renewal schools placed on show cause, probation or deferral are considered accredited institutions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-888-6790 for additional information.