FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 22-23, 2019 Commission Meeting
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) has concluded its October 22-23, 2019 Commission meeting in Indianapolis, IN. By action of the Commission, the following schools have received the following:
Initial Accreditation Granted
- Aesthetics Institute (St. Louis, MO) – Institutional, October 2019 – October 2026
- Academy of Natural Therapy (Greeley, CO)
- Institute for Therapeutic Massage (Haskell, Tinton Falls, Bloomfield, NJ)
Change of Location Approval
- Altura College (Pullman, WA)
The Commission provides interim approval for the change of location application, pending completion of successful site visit within six months.
- East-West College of Healing Arts (Portland, OR)
The Commission approves the change of location application and notes new address on record: 1515 SW Fifth Ave Fourth Floor, Portland, OR 97201
Notification of Campus Closure and Voluntary Withdrawal of Accreditation
- Health Works Institute (Bozeman, MT)
The Commission accepted constructive notice of the closure of Health Works Institute and acted to adjust the institution’s accreditation status to that of Voluntary Withdrawal, effective immediately.
Contact Executive Director Dawn Hogue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-403-7852 for additional information.