FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21-22, 2021 Commission Meeting
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) has concluded its April 21-22, 2021 Commission meeting via conference call. By action of the Commission, schools noted below have received the following:
Initial Accreditation Granted:
- Indiana Academy of Massage – (Zionsville, IN) – Institutional, April 2021 – April 2028
- Institute of Natural Health & Education – (Bradley, IL) – Institutional, April 2021 – April 2028
Location Change Approval:
- CenterPoint Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic (Bloomington, MN)
The institution’s main location is recorded as:
2501 West 84th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
- European Medical School of Massage (Sinking Spring, PA)
The institution’s main and auxiliary classroom locations are recorded as:
Main Location: 2921 Windmill Rd. Suite 1, Sinking Spring, PA 19608
Auxiliary Classroom: 2909 Penn Avenue, West Lawn, PA 19609
Extension of Accreditation Grant
- Potomac Massage Therapy Institute (Silver Spring, MD) – the institution’s current grant of accreditation is extended to April 30, 2022
Due to extenuating circumstances from interrupted educational and operational activities as a result of the pandemic, the Commission granted a six-month extension on the renewal of accreditation for the institution.
- Institute for Therapeutic Massage (Haskell, NJ)
The Commission places the institute on Show Cause for failure to demonstrate Financial Stability, and compliance with Title IV Administration, per COMTA Standards and Guidelines.
Contact Executive Director Dawn Hogue at email@example.com or 202-403-7852 for additional information.