COMTA Alerts – July 2011
View as PDF.
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) would like to bring your attention to the following announcements:
1) COMTA Actions from the July 6, 2011 Commission Meeting (located on the COMTA website www.comta.org – located in the “News & Alerts” tab).
2) Please note – Annual and Financial Reports have been combined and are both due (6) months after each school’s fiscal year end.
3) Regarding questions about any changes to financial aid eligibility for COMTA institutions and programs, the Commission encourages schools to contact the U.S. Department of Education directly and receive clarification of how the changes affect them specifically, in writing. If there is something that the school needs written documentation from COMTA for solely due to the changes in financial aid regulations, COMTA will not be charging any fees for such changes or documentation. The information provided to COMTA from the federal representatives indicate that all massage programs, regardless of institution or accreditation type, are to be considered clock hour for financial aid purposes. COMTA will not be authorizing “outside work” or alternative credit conversions due to this information.
4) Criteria for COMTA accreditation of any Distance Education components are currently under revision by the Commission. The survey for public comment has been available since early June. In the interim, no applications for Distance Education components are being reviewed until the new criteria are finalized.
5) For COMTA peer review volunteers and Commissioners (only) – please select the insurance coverage offered by the rental car agency while renting a car for a COMTA related visits. COMTA will provide reimbursement.
The Alerts and Actions are located on the COMTA website under the “News & Alerts” tab.
Be sure to check the COMTA website regularly for actions and alerts. The Commission updates all pertinent actions and alerts on its website. Please promptly inform COMTA if your school has a new email address.
If you have comments regarding any of the schools on this list please write the COMTA office. For additional information concerning this memorandum, please contact Kate Henrioulle, Executive Director, at 202-895-1518, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also email the chair of the Commission at email@example.com.