View as PDF.
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) would like to bring your attention to the following announcements:
- COMTA Actions from the April 7-8, 2011 Commission Meeting (located on the COMTA website www.comta.org- located in the actions and alerts)
- Please note – Annual and Financial Reports have been combined and are both due (6) months after each school’s fiscal year end.
- Regarding questions about any changes to financial aid eligibility for COMTA institutions and programs, the Commission encourages schools to contact the U.S. Department of Education directly and receive clarification of how the changes affect them specifically, in writing. If there is something that the school needs written documentation from COMTA for solely due to the changes in financial aid regulations, COMTA will not be charging any fees for such changes or documentation. More specific guidance regarding awarding credit for outside work, use of clock hours for financial aid when academic credits have already been authorized by COMTA and other details will be developed and communicated as definitive answers are available. Please watch for email notifications of webinars and new policies in May and June 2011.
- Criteria for COMTA accreditation of any Distance Education components are currently under revision by the Commission. A draft of the revised Standard 2.9 criteria will be posted for public comment soon. The comments will be reviewed by the Commission during the summer and the finalized criteria will be published as soon as possible. In the interim, no applications for Distance Education components are being reviewed until the new criteria are finalized.
- For COMTA peer review volunteers and Commissioners (only) – please select the insurance coverage offered by the rental car agency while renting a car for a COMTA related visits. COMTA will provide reimbursement.
The Alerts and Actions are located on the COMTA website under the „Newsroom” tab. Click the “COMTA Alerts and Actions”. Be sure to check the COMTA website regularly for actions and alerts.
The Commission updates all pertinent actions and alerts on its website. Please promptly inform COMTA if your school has a new email address.If you have comments regarding any of the schools on this list please write the COMTA office. For additional information concerning this memorandum, please contact Kate Henrioulle, Executive Director, at 202-895-1518, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email the chair of the Commission at email@example.com.