To view this information in a pdf file, click here: COMTA Alerts – December 2015
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) would like to bring your attention to the following two announcements as a result of its December 14 – 16, 2015 meeting:
- COMTA Renewal of Recognition from US Department of Education – 5 years!
- The Commission is very pleased to announce that our renewal of recognition by the United States Secretary of Education is proceeding with recommendations from both of the relevant review bodies.
- First, the renewal was reviewed by our liaison in the Department of Education, Mr. Chuck Mula. Mr. Mula recommended COMTA receive the full five year recognition period, with no concerns to address.
- At the December 16, 2015 meeting of the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI) held in Washington, D.C., COMTA was one of many agencies scheduled for renewal. COMTA was included on the Consent Agenda, indicating that there were no findings and no complaints against the agency during the prior period. The NACIQI voted to adopt the Consent Agenda, meaning that they agreed to the staff recommendation for granting COMTA a full five year renewal of recognition.
- This recognition indicates that COMTA is a reliable authority on quality of education and is what allows COMTA to function as a Title IV (Financial Aid) “gatekeeper” for our members. COMTA has been recognized as the specialized accrediting agency for massage therapy since 2002. This renewal request is part of our normal cycle of review. The Secretary will consider our renewal application and the recommendations from Mr. Mula and the NACIQI in the next few weeks. To read more about the process, see the website for NACIQI: http://www2.ed.gov/about/bdscomm/list/naciqi.html
- “COMTA Endorsed Curriculum”- APPLY NOW!
- After months of work, the Commission is pleased to announce that the online application system is now ready to accept applicants for this innovative status. .
- An “FAQ” document was approved at the meeting and is available for those interested in pursuing the status. The full Requirements of the status are also available online.
- Click here to apply or contact COMTA staff at email@example.com or 202-888-6790 for assistance.
Be sure to check the COMTA website regularly for actions and alerts. The Commission updates all pertinent actions and alerts on its website.
For additional information concerning this memorandum, please contact Kate Zulaski, Executive Director, at 202-688-6790 x101, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email the chair of the Commission at email@example.com.