December 14 – 16, 2015 Commission Meeting
To view this information in a pdf file, click here: COMTA Actions – December 2015
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) has concluded its December 14 – 16, 2015 Commission Meeting. By action of the Commission, the following schools have received:
Renewal of Accreditation:
- Potomac Massage Training Institute (Silver Spring, MD), December 2015 – October 2021
Deferral of Initial Accreditation Decision:
- Mecca School of Massage (Indianapolis, IN)
Removal of Show Cause:
- Potomac Massage Training Institute – (Silver Spring, MD)
Addition of Branch Location:
- Health Works Institute (Bozeman, MT)
The Commission granted interim approval to the school to add a branch location at 1515 E. Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802 pending a site visit.
Addition of New Program:
- Academy of Natural Therapy (Greeley, CO)
The Commission granted interim approval to the school to add 700-hour certificate program, pending completion of a Self-Study Report and site visit.
Notification of Teach-Out/Closure:
- University of Western States – Massage Therapy Program (Salem, OR)
The institution is discontinuing its massage therapy program at its Salem, OR branch location effective September 2016. The massage program remains active at its main location in Portland, OR.
Notification of Voluntary Withdrawal from Programmatic Accreditation:
- Baltimore School of Massage
- Massage Therapy Program (Linthicum, MD; York, PA)
- Esthetics Program (Linthicum, MD)
The withdrawal is effective December 22, 2015
- Virginia School of Massage –Massage Therapy Program (Charlottesville, VA)
The withdrawal is effective December 22, 2015.
- Kishwaukee Community College – Massage Therapy Program (Kishwaukee, IL)
The withdrawal is effective December 31, 2015.