FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
To view this post as a pdf, click here: Press Release 032917
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) and the Accrediting Commission of Career Colleges and Schools (ACCSC) are pleased to announce that the two organizations have entered into a management agreement for the purpose of strengthening COMTA organizational resources and exploring opportunities to develop a joint institutional and programmatic accreditation process.
The Agreement between COMTA and ACCSC:
- Maintains both organizations’ corporate structures, Commission autonomy, and recognition with the U.S. Department of Education as separate accrediting agencies.
- Outlines management functions that COMTA will contract through ACCSC to reduce expenses previously outsourced to other businesses, such as accounting, administrative staff, travel, and human resources.
- Allows both organizations to work closely together to develop a singular accreditation process that will yield both institutional and programmatic accreditation status for schools with massage therapy and esthetics programs; and
- Allows COMTA to streamline its operational processes with ACCSC’s strong infrastructure, thereby allowing the COMTA Commission to better serve its member schools and advocate as the massage therapy and esthetics professions’ sole specialized accrediting agency.
- Institutions that offer a massage therapy or esthetics program are encouraged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the benefits of the joint accreditation process.
- Together, both COMTA and ACCSC hope that this innovative approach to accreditation will encourage more institutions to participate in specialized accreditation for their massage therapy and esthetics programs as a means to further enhance the student educational experience through quality assurance, and to ultimately improve the quality of practitioners who enter the field after graduation.
About the Agencies
Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation
5335 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 440
Washington, D.C. 20015
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201