FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 17-18, 2019 Commission Meeting
To view as pdf, click here: COMTA Actions – April 2019
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) has concluded its April 17-18, 2019 Commission meeting in Arlington, VA. By action of the Commission, the following schools have received the following:
Initial Accreditation Granted
- St. Louis Med Tech (St. Louis, MO) – Institutional, April 2019 – April 2026
- Institute for Therapeutic Massage (Haskell, Tinton Falls, Bloomfield, NJ)
The Commission accepts the institution’s interim financial report and continues the probation for Standard XII (A) Financial Stability and Standard XV(A) Title IV Administration. The Commission will re-evaluate the institution’s financial stability at its July 2019 meeting. The maximum timeframe for compliance is extended for good cause until October 31, 2019.
Change of Institutional Control Approval
- Potomac Institute of Massage Training (Silver Spring, MD)
The Commission approves the change of institutional control application, effective immediately.
Provisional accreditation status is hereby removed, and the Potomac of Massage Training Institute’s institutional accreditation is transferred to the new Board of Directors’ control for the remainder of the current grant, expiring October 2021.
Change of Location Approval
- Cortiva Connecticut (Newington, CT)
The Commission approves the change of location application, pending completion of successful site visit within six months of classes starting, currently scheduled for June 1, 2019. The institution’s address will now be recorded as 45 Shunpike Road Cromwell, CT 06416.
- Sage School of Massage and Esthetics (Bend, OR)
The Commission approves the change of location application, pending completion of successful site visit within six months of classes starting, currently scheduled for April 30, 2019. The institution’s address will now be recorded as 2855 NW Crossing Dr., Suite 201, Bend, OR 97703.
Notification of Campus Closure and Teach-Out
- Cortiva Chicago (Chicago Loop, Crystal Lake, Joliet, IL)
- Chicago Loop Campus: The institution submitted a Teach Out Plan that it will close the Chicago Loop campus, effective December 31, 2019.
- Crystal Lake Auxiliary Campus: The institution submitted a Teach Out Plan that it will close the auxiliary campus, effective April 1, 2019.
- Joliet Branch Campus: The institution submitted a Teach Out Plan that it will close the branch campus, effective June 30, 2019.
- Cortiva Connecticut (Groton, Westport, CT)
The institution notified COMTA of its decision to close both branch campuses of Groton and Westport, effective May 31, 2019. The existing students will go to the main campus to complete their program.
- Cortiva Pennsylvania (Wall Township, NJ Branch)
The institution notified COMTA of its decision to close the Wall Township, NJ branch of the school, effective March 7, 2019.
- Cortiva Seattle (Seattle, Federal Way, WA)
The institution submitted a Teach Out Plan for Cortiva Seattle and its auxiliary classroom, effective June 30, 2019.
Contact Acting Executive Director Dawn Hogue at email@example.com or 202-888-6790 x101 for additional information.