Massage Training and School Administration Experience Required
COMTA is seeking applicants for an upcoming opening for a full-time salaried position on our staff. The position will be focused on working with schools and programs on their applications and self-study reports, with some traveling to provide consultation and guidance about the accreditation standards and policies. Expertise in massage is required as the staff member will be responsible for explaining the curriculum competencies for massage and bodywork, as well as reviewing documentation from schools regarding how their programs meet the competencies. Experience with post-secondary school administration is required, with direct experience with COMTA preferred.
1. Award of a baccalaureate degree in education, business or related field, or progressive experience in business or educational administration. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Training and experience in massage therapy, graduate of an accredited program preferred
3. Two to three years of post-secondary academic administrative experience, preferably with a COMTA-accredited school
4. Superior writing and editing skills
5. Experience in project management
6. Willingness to travel periodically, at most 25% of the calendar year
Our office is currently a virtual office, so applicants must be self-directed and able to provide their own workspace such as a home office. Periodic travel to meet with other staff members and Commissioners will be required and expenses will be reimbursed.
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to COMTA Executive Director, Kate Zulaski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details about salary requirements, whether or not you have prior experience working independently from home, availability for traveling throughout the U.S. and current involvement with the massage profession. All applications will be kept confidential. Please apply by April 26th, 2013 for consideration.